Ways to describe a book
¿What is this?
After you have read a book, people may ask you how the book was. To describe the book in its true sense, you will need to know the right way to describe it.
Vocabulary
- It’s a page-turner: It’s so interesting that you want to keep reading it.
- It’s a cliff-hanger: It’s so exciting that you can’t wait to find out what happens next.
- It’s a best-seller: It’s very popular, and everyone is buying copies.
- It’s a fast read: It’s easy and enjoyable to read.
- It’s hard to follow: It’s difficult to understand.
- It’s trash: It’s very poor quality.
Example:
A: Have you read the new Stephen King thriller and suspense?
B: Yes, I did. It was a really pager-turner book! I think it will be a best seller on this market.
A: Well, I can’t put it down. In my case it’s a real page-turner and fast read.
B: Do you think I could ask you about new books to read when I come to this store again?
A: Of course. If you can wait till the end of the month, I’d be happy to give a list of my books to you.


Comments
Post a Comment